Thursday, September 30, 2010

M. Book Banning

All week I have been reading about book banning on other blogs. It is a real shame to live in a country with a freedom of speech and to still have to have this conversation. To all of the people out there who want to ban books, I say stop. I was reading Nathan Bransford's blog and came across the list with the top 100 banned books of the decade and it is sad. Here is the list, decade list. There are quite a few books that are on there that not only taught me through school but I can honestly say, changed my life.
If you don't like it then don't read it, if you want to oppress your children and give them close minded unimaginative thoughts then go ahead and stop the books from entering your door. Do not stop everyone else out there from finding that one book that will change their lives. If you take that from them then you are taking away a piece of their freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment