Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First Ever Contest!

Okay so here we go, this will be the first ever contest on the M.A. Leslie blog.  There is no prize other than that the winner will be posted on the main page and I will create a post that will catalog the winners and their winning stories.

Hopefully in the future we will be able to do prizes, but for now it will be mainly for practice.

Reason for these contests:

I really enjoy the ones that Janet Reid runs and basically I am taking her contest design.  Sorry Shark, I don't mean any disrespect.

Rules:

1 entry per writer. 
Entries are to be posted directly in the comment section of the post.
Entry can not be longer then 100 words.
All 5 contest words must be used in the entry to qualify.
Since this is the first contest ever and the word isn't really out there, entries will be accepted until Monday 3/7/11 11:59 PM.  Entries can be entered as of now.

Contest Words:
acrimony
carp
despot
elude
knell

Best of luck and please try to get the word out.  I would like to run one of these once a week if we can get enough interest.  Thank you all, I look forward to reading your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment