Thursday, September 29, 2011

A. Pre-Reading

We bought our 9yr old a Kindle for his birthday. He has just started to get into reading but still struggels alittle, so when he asked for the Kindle we jumped on it. He also got $100 in amazon gift cards from family. We let him pick one game, HANGMAN and the rest hat to be books. He has about 6 books on there now and last night I was telling him about a book  I heard about Juniper Berry, by M.Pm Kozlowsky.  I read about it on another blog and it peeked my instrest. So I told my son I thought he might like it.  He said ok but wants me to read it first, so when he reads it he has some one to talk to it about. I loved that idea! What a better way to get him intrested in reading more. He loves to talk, so this gives him a reason to read and get to talk to me more one on one. So here I sit today reading and I have to say I am really enjoying it and looking forward to having my son read it so that I can talk to him about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment