Tuesday, January 4, 2011

M. The writing block blues

The hardest part of writing isn't the writing.  Originally, I would have trouble getting the story set and then setting aside the time of the day to write.  Nowadays that isn't the problem.  I have been fighting a duel in my mind with an evil little bug called a writer's block.

I don't know if that is what I would call it, but there is a little nudge in my head that makes me less than satisfied with everything that I write and that I have written.  I am not sure if it is from the countless rejections that I have grown accustom to receiving or if it is just my lack of inspiration.

I know that I have stories to tell, but they just don't look right when they splash out onto the pages.

Anyway, believe it or not, I feel better just for writing this and I don't want to sound like it is a huge problem, because it is starting to go away.  What I really want to know is, what do you do to prevent feeling this way and how do you get it to go away?  Are their some mental sit ups that my grey matter can do to get my writing back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment