Friday, January 7, 2011

M. Electronic Answers


"Why should I memorize something when I know where to find it?"
Albert Einstein


I had a question today about how irregular one of my son's blood levels is. The doctor gave us the level, but skirted around the question and didn't answer as to how far off it was. So my wife and I like most parents worried and pondered the predicament, but then an idea came to mind.

Check the Internet!

Well we did and after some searching we found the information that we were seeking out.

Anyway, I am sure that you are just saying, so what, right? Well it really made me think, I don't remember not having the Internet. I know that it wasn't around my whole life and I was a teenager when I first used it, but now I can't remember not having it. I really don't know what I would do without it at this point in my life.

So this brings me to my point, do you ever sit back and appreciate the magical wonder that we all use daily? Do you think we will ever end up feeling the same way about EBooks? Really think about it, I am thirty and have watched the Internet revolution come to life in the mainstream, it only took fifteen years to get here.

Would Einstein even have to remember his name in this day and age?

No comments:

Post a Comment