Monday, October 10, 2011

M. Dreams

Dreams are an essential ingredient to the creative process. Without a dreaming mentality, a writer is just that, a person that puts words on a piece of paper. But those dreams are the fuel that gives those words life, energy, and power.

It’s a great feeling to conjure up some of the thoughts that we have as writers. I can’t tell you how many times my mind has wondered to places of what ifs and I wishes. What if we write that one book and I wish that we get that book deal. Let’s say that it can get creative and sometimes out of hand (Almost Puff Daddy from the 90’s MTV video over the top bad.)

Realistically, I know that out of millions of writers, published and unpublished, that only happens to a small few, but why not dream. Why not hope that you get that deal? Do you ever find your mind wandering into a cloud filled with unobtainable money and success?

I think for me, success is going to be measured on a case by case basis. Our first step is to get the ever difficult agent, publisher, book deal, and finally sell some copies. I know that it seems boring, but it is the way it is usually done and we would like to get on that track. At this point, I would be happy to be published on a traditional track, I can’t promise that if Amy and I get published we will be happy, but it is the first step.

What is your goal? Do you have a point of literary bliss and an ultimate goal? Do you have a deadline?

No comments:

Post a Comment